1. Laughter Makes Us Healthier: Laughter is a good thing. Scientists tell us that laughter, humor and joy are an important part of life. Laughing lowers blood pressure, reduces stress hormones, and increases muscle flexion. It increases the circulation of antibodies in the blood stream and makes us more resistant to infection.
2. Laughter Touches Our Soul: Laughter is good for us physically, but that is just the beginning. Laughter is good for the soul. There is a holiness in laughter. Laughter brings us closer to each other â€“ and there is something holy about people coming together. Laughter provides us a moment of grace.
4. Laughter Helps Us Stay Positive: Laughter can be an important tool for keeping our troubles in proportion, for realizing that things arenâ€™t always as bad as we think they are. But even when things are as bad as we think they are, laughter helps create positive emotions and helps us find a frame of mind in which we can more easily cope with the struggles of life. Laughter eases tension and sharpens our ability to concentrate. Laughter is a lot like changing a babyâ€™s diaper. It doesnâ€™t permanently solve any problems, but it makes things a lot more acceptable for a while.
5. Laughter Is Loving: If I am able to laugh with you in my mistakes as well as with you in yours, it suggests we are all flawed and imperfect. Embracing good natured humor, we find the humility to see the foolishness of trying to be perfect and the gift of enjoying the smiles and laughter of love.
6. Laughter reduces stress: A hearty belly laugh just seems to put things back in perspective while releasing built up tension. A merry laugh increases health-benefiting hormones like endorphins while reducing stress hormones like cortisol.
7. Laughter helps you refocus: A bout of laughter may be just what you need to revaluate and put things back in perspective. Developing a sense of humor can give you a new outlook on life
8. Laughter has social benefits: Laughter draws people together. It brings a connection with others that nothing else can.